- Internationally recognized for biotechnology innovation- in 2015 Australia ranked 4th in the Scientific American Worldview Ranking
- One of the global leaders in stem cell and regenerative medicine research
- Named as “Australia’s Cultural Capital”- a city bursting with culture from bustling city life to beautiful coastlines and wineries
- 230 laneways around the city are home to thousands of hip eateries with diverse cuisines- don’t miss your chance to try a true Melbourne style café
- Globally connected- people from 200 countries, speaking 233 languages and dialects
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oObOF_r_mc&feature=youtu.be” css_animation=”none”][vc_column_text]Welcome Message from Honourable Lord Mayor of Melbourne Sally Capp[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_empty_space][vc_tta_accordion color=”blue” active_section=”0″ collapsible_all=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”Visa Requirements” tab_id=”1536268312810-b1e9579c-8d1e”][vc_column_text]Everyone who is not a New Zealand or Norfolk Island resident will need a visa to enter Australia. Please apply for your visa ASAP to ensure it is received in time.
The appropriate visa option will depend mainly on your reason for visiting Australia. If you are travelling for only the conference, the majority of people (depending on your passport Country) should apply for either the Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) or the eVisitor (subclass 651).
New Zealand passport holders will be granted a Special Category Visas (SCV) (subclass 444) upon arrival in Australia which allows them to visit freely.
For more information please select one of the options below:
If asked for an Australian Business Address during application, please use:
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf VIC 3006, Australia
Note: ISCT provides the resources above for delegates but encourages you to check with the Australian government website regularly to ensure you are using the most up to date information on visa application procedures.
Assistance from ISCT:
If you require visa assistance from ISCT please contact us by completing this form. ISCT can help by:
- Emailing you a formal ISCT 2019 Annual Meeting Invitation Letter for use in a visa application
- Please note that you must have completed your ISCT 2019 Registration payment
- ISCT is unable to provide invitation letters for delegates’ spouses or guests
- Once completed, your personalized invitation will be e-mailed within 2 weeks
- Adding your details to an ISCT list sent to the Visa and Citizenship Services Group at Australia’s Department of Home Affairs
- This does not guarantee a visa will be granted but should assist your application
- We recommend you do this if you are coming from a country that typically has problems obtaining a visa
- ISCT would need the following information: Country of Passport, Passport Number, Current Country of Residence, Date of Birth, First Middle and Last names as it appears on your passport, Gender, email, phone and address along with the type of visa you have applied for
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Currency” tab_id=”1536268312825-3bac0523-e403″][vc_column_text]Australian currency is the Australian Dollar (AUD) which is divided into 100 cents. There are 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 dollar bills. Coins are divided into 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.50, 1 and 2 dollar denominations.
There are numerous currency exchange offices for visitors to exchange money into Australian currency. Most exchange offices are open during regular business hours (9am-6pm)
Credit cards are also widely accepted in restaurants, stores, taxis, etc. Contact your bank directly for any questions relating to accessing your funds abroad.
Most goods and services in Australia are subject to 10% GST. However, taxes are reimburseable for travellers – more information can be found here. It is not required to tip in Australia.
View the latest exchange rate with your currency.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Weather” tab_id=”1536268952676-d7e83ddb-0cc5″][vc_column_text]May is Autumn in Australia. Prepare for the maximum temperature around 17º C and the minimum temperature around 8º.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Electricity” tab_id=”1536269013953-b9c7d1d0-6ae9″][vc_column_text]Voltage in Australia is 230V 50Hz. If your country standard is 100/120V 50/60Hz then you will need an adapter (for computers, cell phones, tablets / iPads, cameras etc.) or a voltage converter to transform voltage (for your hairdryer, electric shavers etc).[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Transportation” tab_id=”1536269061489-b3557967-b35a”][vc_column_text]Plan your route before you travel with the following resources:
|Air Travel||Arrivals and Departures|
Security and Illegal Items
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Melbourne Travel Guide” tab_id=”1536269580766-bf56f5af-e743″][vc_column_text]The ISCT 2019 host city Melbourne is a diverse and exciting city with plenty to offer. For more information: